LOVING YOUR EXISTING KITCHEN!
Hello Friends! I am so excited to launch my monthly journal entry where you’ll learn things you can do to improve your surroundings, gather ideas for a future ‘re-do’ and even get the occasional amazing recipe…
February is a month that we associate with LOVE, so I wanted to feature:
Loving your existing kitchen by way of my “FAKEOVER”!
What is Sarah’s Fakeover? Read on…
If you don’t have tens of thousands of dollars to spare, or you do but you don’t want the hassle of living without a kitchen while you remodel… Never fear, Sarah’s here! There are so many tricks I have up my sleeve to help you get an updated kitchen:
- Change the ‘jewelry’ (knobs and handles and hinges)
- Add or modify crown molding
- Update your lighting; add under cabinet lighting, task lighting and even a beautiful chandelier or sleek pendant lights!
- Modify a few of your cabinets (cut out the center panels and add glass/sheet metal/chicken wire etc., or have cabinets built around your refrigerator to make it look ‘built in’)
- Change your back splash
- Change your counter tops
- Switch out your faucet
- Hate your sink, change it!
- Need new appliances? They’ll update the look instantly!
There are so many ways you can LOVE your existing space and if you need help with that, I’m your designer extraordinaire! I have been in the design industry for nearly two decades now, and have practiced both residential and commercial design. I am a CID (Certified Interior Designer) and Allied ASID (American Society of Interior Designers) I also sit on the Architectural Review Board for the City of Pacific Grove. I love to design, I love to cook and I love helping people get their dream kitchen! I create spaces designed for YOU, your body, your abilities, needs and goals; specializing in kitchens.
Changing something as simple as a garage door can change the entire feel of your home. This can be a minimal investment and increase the value and curb appeal of your home!